World-class mixing for smaller studios:
Get the mixing power of industry-standard Pro Tools | S6 in a more compact control surface for budget-conscious pros and smaller audio post and music facilities. Avid S4 boosts your mixing efficiency with the same award-winning workflows in a more streamlined, semi-modular surface that provides intelligent DAW control. Whether creating music, designing sound, mixing immersive audio, or teaching audio production, it's the perfect fit for any project.
For audio post:
Bring the robust workflows of S6 to your smaller rooms for immersive audio mixing, sound design, ADR, and editorial. S4 provides the versatility you need to take on any project—from film, TV, and OTT media, to commercials and games.
Get the creative capabilities to take on stereo and Dolby Atmos music projects. S4 is the perfect fit for smaller recording studios, independent music/audio post mixers, and smaller rooms and mastering suites in bigger music studio facilities.
For the classroom:
S4 provides a more affordable solution to teach students the music and audio post-production workflows they'll need for a successful career in the media and entertainment industry. Plus, it can be customized to support any class curriculum.
From its deep DAW control and fully integrated Dolby Atmos workflows, to superior ergonomics and operational ease, Avid S4 gives you the same massive power, monitoring capabilities, and workflows of Pro Tools | S6 in a more compact control surface designed for smaller spaces and budgets.
- Accelerate your mix:
- Avid S4 boosts your tracking, editing, and mixing efficiency, giving you direct hands-on access and control over a host of software functions, parameters, and project navigation.
- Create better mixes with more precision than working with a mouse and keyboard alone.
- Work with multiple DAWs:
- Expand your creative capabilities with a versatile solution that accelerates music and audio post workflows across Pro Tools | Ultimate, Nuendo, Pyramix, Logic Pro, Cubase, and other audio software.
- You can even mix tracks from two different DAWs simultaneously, enabling hybrid mixing.
- Customize the surface for your needs:
- With its compact, semi-modular design, you can configure S4 with up to 24 faders—plus three module options that offer dual joysticks, PEC/Direct controls, or additional knobs—to meet your workflow needs, without dominating studio space.
- Get unmatched hands-on control:
- S4 is EUCON-enabled, providing deep DAW integration and control, so you can mix faster and more intuitively with an ergonomic surface that acts and feels like a physical extension of your software.
- No matter what DAW you use.
- Mix with confidence:
- Get unprecedented visual feedback of your mix—including Pro Tools waveforms and advanced metering—with support for up to four Display Modules, enabling you to make more informed mixing decisions.
- Create Dolby Atmos mixes with ease:
- Experience the most efficient hands-on Dolby Atmos mixing workflows in the industry when paired with Pro Tools | Ultimate, providing extensive integration for faster project turnaround.
- Plus, its compact size makes it easy to outfit smaller rooms for immersive audio.
- Get comprehensive monitor control:
- Easily assign and control talkback, listenback, and speaker sources and levels right from the surface to handle everything from simple cue mixes for music recording, to monitoring immersive audio projects.
- Get super-simple setup:
- Get up and running quickly with the fully integrated Channel Strip Module and preassembled 3-, 4-, or 5-foot frame, streamlining configuration and setup.