PRE is a high-performance, remote-controllable microphone preamp, enabling you to record performances in pristine-quality sound from anywhere in your studio. The 8-channel interface features eight matched-transistor mic preamp circuits, provides a transparent signal path, and easily accommodates your mic, line, and direct instrument (DI) level inputs. Pair it with a Pro Tools | HD family system to achieve the highest sound quality or standalone.
- 8 high-performance, matched-transistor, hybrid microphone pre-amplification circuits
- Support for mic (XLR), direct instrument (DI), and line level inputs (1/4")
- Each channel includes a high pass filter, phase reverse, 48V (phantom power), and -18 dB pad
- Fully remote-controllable using Pro Tools | HD Software or an Avid control surface; allows for the highest fidelity by keeping low-level signals close to the source
- Selectable impedance matching for mic, line, or instrument inputs
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports for remote operation
- All features supported in standalone mode, making PRE an ideal analog front end for any recording system