Engineered excellence for recording of lead vocals and solo instruments in studio and on stage.
The C214 professional large-diaphragm condenser microphone has been designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end C414 family. Like the C414, the C214 offers a supreme one-inch capsule on an integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise. A switchable 20dB attenuation pad allows recording of loud sources of up to 156dB SPL. A switchable bass-cut filter allows close-up recording with almost no proximity effect.
The C214 captures sound by combining one capsule of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and the patented AKG Back-Plate Technology, resulting in an outstanding performance close to the famous C414 XLII.
- Sonic character of the C414 XLII - for beautifully detailed recording of lead vocals and solo instruments
- Outstanding dynamic range and ultralow noise - for close-up recording of high-output sources of up to 156dB SPL
- Switchable 20dB attenuator and bass-cut filter - for close-up recording and reduction of proximity effect
- Integrated suspension - to reduce mechanical noise and vibration from stage
- Roadworthy design - all-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish