DP2 Merrill offers 30mm F2.8 lens, which is equivalent to 45mm lens on 35mm camera. Camera is compact and lightweight and include F low dispersion (FLD) glass to correct abberations and super multi layer coating to reduce flare and ghosting. With 46-megapixel, full-color Foveon X3 direct image sensor, new DP cameras capture all primary RGB colors at each pixel location with three layers, which results in incredibly detailed images with three-dimensional feel. Foveon X3 direct image sensor uses technology that was originally developed by Dick Merrill, brilliant engineer and talented photographer who died in 2008. Working along imaging innovators Carver Mead and Dick Lyon, Merrill tapped into his passion for electronics to build an innovative pixel structure that uniquely demonstrated ability to capture RGB information in each pixel location. This revolutionary discovery led Foveon team to development of X3 direct image sensor and ultimately, to creation of some of most vibrantly colored and detailed imagery photography industry has ever seen.
- Foveon X3 46megapixel sensor
- Exclusive fixed 30mm F2.8 lens
- Suitable for travel, landscape, wedding, events, portrait, family, nature, wildlife, sports, action, specialty photography
- SD card/compatible with SDHC, multi media card
- Lossless compression RAW data (12-bit, high, medium, low), JPEG (high, medium, low), RAW+JPEG, movie (motion jpeg), voice memo to still images (10sec)
- Shutter release halfway-down position, AE lock button
- Evaluative metering, center-weighted average metaring, spot metering system