Maestro™ | Channel in a Box (formerly Blend) is a high-performance, cost-effective HD/SD file-based “channel in a box” solution that addresses today’s broadcast workflow challenges. The file-based video server plays back clips while producing a constant SDI output. The graphics engine plays out real-time 2D/3D graphics, with the ability to combine two other live video insertions. Because both modules can be controlled from the same interface, Maestro | Channel in a Box dramatically reduces your operational costs, as well as its footprint in your facility.
Maestro | Channel in a Box supports playback of all commonly used file formats and codecs, including MPEG 2, MPEG 4, DNxHD, DVCPRO HD, DV 25/50, IMX and wrappers such as MXF, MPEG and QuickTime. Clips are copied to the system’s local storage without disturbing the current playout. You can trigger playback either internally using the Maestro | Channel in a Box playlist or from external automation using the standard VDCP protocol. You can also combine SD and HD clips into a single playlist.
Maestro | Channel in a Box is a frame-accurate system that supports back-to-back clip playback, allowing several clips to be cued for playout. You can start set-up from a single channel and gradually increase the server to a multi-channel setup by simply adding additional Maestro | Channel in a Box playout systems.
Maestro | Channel in a Box is a native 3D solution that offers real-time graphics playout. It works with all commonly used graphic elements, including tickers, lower thirds, full frames and animated logos. Plus, smart logic can be easily introduced to graphics without the need for scripting or programming. Feed the video server’s output back to the graphics engine to enable video manipulation for end credits, squeeze backs and more.
In addition, you can insert live video inputs into the graphic scene for use as Digital Video Effects and video clips. Data can be pumped into the graphic templates from external databases supporting all commonly used database formats. Maestro | Channel in a Box can also query the relevant scheduling playlist and its associated data from different databases. By doing so, the “playing now“ and the “coming up next” information can be updated with the relevant graphics template.
- Play a variety of video formats
- Play out branding graphics in real time
- Frame-accurate system that supports back-to-back clip playback, allowing several clips to be cued for playout
- Maestro | Channel in a Box enables you to insert live video inputs into the graphic scene for use as Digital Video Effects and video clips
- Maestro | Channel in a Box supports 16 channels (8 stereo pairs) of embedded audio, which can be mixed with additional inputs and with audio clip files to a single output
- Control a channel using extensive capabilities
- Tie events to other devices
- Maestro | Channel in a Box gives you the flexibility to edit your playlist while its playing
- Create and introduce segments with Media Composer